Popular Playground Stencils perfect for schools, municipalities, and park districts. These include our Hopscotch Stencil in multiple designs and Four Square Stencil. Stencils are the most cost-effective way to upgrade your Playground and make it fun, colorful and full of activities for children. Choose from traditional games, the designs from the NFL supported Fuel Up to Play 60 program. and our own portfolio of playground stencils.
Physical activity is important for Children
The Center for Disease Control recommends a minimum of 60 minutes of moderate to strenuous physical activity each day. ( See The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd edition ) Compared to those who are inactive, physically active youth:
- Higher levels of cardiorespiratory fitness
- Have lower body fat levels and stronger bones,
- have improved cognition and reduced symptoms of depression.
- Do not usually develop heart disease, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, or osteoporosis.
Evidence also suggests that physical activity can improve memory, executive function, mental processing speed, attention, and academic performance.
The benefits of activity are so great that many organizations have been set up to support this goal.
- Michelle Obama set up the Let's Move! public health campaign to encourage physical activity in children.
- Active Schools: an organization that is working with public and private organizations to support 24,000 schools and 14 Million students. Their goal is to ensure every kin in the US gets 60 minutes of activity and play each day and to revolutionize how schools incorporate activity into student learning.
- GENYOUth aims to inspire and educate youth to improve their nutrition and increase physical activity.
- Fuel Up to Play 60 is a leading national in-school health and wellness program launched by the National Football League and the National Dairy Council. Since its launch in 2009 more than 73,000 schools and 38 million kids.
Well organized playgrounds encourage free and natural activity
There are many options for well-appointed playgrounds. Many of the gyms and climbing gyms are very expensive. Stencils are a great antidote to the high cost of many playground options. Stencils are a great solution:
- There are many different types of stencils that can be used.
- Game stencils like hopscotch and Four Square that are fun and develop balance and coordination.
- Educational stencils like Maps and Compasses.
- Physically active stencils designed by Fuel Up to Play stencils.
- Obstacle course stencils
Stencils can create multiple playgrounds
All of the stencils are reusable, durable and cleanable. A single stencil can make multiple games on the playgrounds. A single stencil can be used to improve the entire district's playgrounds. The can be used and stored and used to refresh the games after a few years.We have established sizes but are happy to scale our stencils up or down. We also recommend perusing our Fuel UP To Play 60 Stencils to see more examples of fun Playground Stencils which combine physical activity and learning. For professionals and Facilities managers we offer these stencils in 1/16th in LLDPE. Absolutely suited for hundreds of uses, one stencil can be used for entire district. Especially suited for spray equipment. For homeowners or for smaller facilities we also offer these stencils in 14 Mil Mylar. Less expensive, they are still very durable and can be used multiple times. This material is more suitable for Brush or Roller painting, though can be spayed as well.